Tweet4Good is Twitter's annual humanitarian campaign. This year, the campaign was focused on helping the Philippine Red Cross and victims of Typhoon Hayan. Twitter needed a responsive web site that allowed users to do several things:
- Quickly learn about the Tweet4Good campaign and how it works
- Easily tweet ("Click to Tweet") a pre-populated message
- See how close the campaign is to its goal of $35,000 worth of ad space
- View the avatars of recent campaign participants
- Visually explore where people were participating on a global scale
Leveraging Twitter's brand standards, I crafted a simple visual design that would lend itself well to responsive breakpoints. Additionally, the simple design allowed our developer to quickly execute the site build and meet the tight turn deadline we were working against. Utilizing the Mass Relevance social platform, we easily integrated the display of the campaign goal progress bar, avatar display and global heat map functionality.
See the site live at https://twitter.twimg.com/Tweet4Good2013